domenica 6 novembre 2011

‘Oh Christ, I’ve got a right job here...’ Sir. Alex Ferguson 8 Novembre 1986

“A friend, mentor, an inspiration — it's everything. It's hard to believe that gaffer of all those years ago has gone on to the greatness he's achieved.
It's phenomenal, outrageous, what he's done. He's a born leader and his drive, even in adverse moments over the years, just ploughs through everything. He's the juggernaut of world football.
Alex Ferguson told me: I’m proud of you, kid”
Alex McLeish  
Aberdeen  1978-1986
“All I will say is that I think Ferguson will stay as the manager, after that, there will be more problems. Today, he is like Gandhi on the game side. With Manchester, I prefer to say, to think, to realise that Ferguson is a kind of genius. He had so many different generations of players now.
He’s 70 later this year and works with players 18 years old, but adapts himself to all generations”
Eric Cantona  


“He told us to remember what had got us to this place — the togetherness, the hard work the determination and character. There is no other manager who will come close to what he has done. He taught me a lot about seizing the moment.
That night we might have left it late but we seized the moment and thank goodness we didn't have to walk past that trophy without touching it”
Dwight Yorke  
Finale Champions League 1999
“It's not enough just to be a great player when you want to play for him. He puts you in the side because he has confidence in you as a player and because you have character.
That's exactly how he was and that's exactly how he still is. That's how he has been over the years and that's why he's been so successful.
He wanted to kill me at times, I'm sure. But he was a father figure to me and he was also the man who gave me the chance of playing for my dream club.
I have still got the picture in my house. It's one of my favourite pictures - me kind of leaning down signing the paper that was my first contract at United with him next to me. That is my best memory of Sir Alex”
David Beckham  

“...He was the perfect manager for me” Roy Keane

“Sir Alex is the man who can make or break you” Gary neville

“I was lucky Sir Alex Ferguson didn't get rid of me” Paul Scholes
Giovani 1992
“Sir Alex is a unique manager in the history of Manchester United.
Sir Alex is a unique manager in the history of English football and Sir Alex is a unique manager in the history of European football"
I really wish he stays in the job with the same happiness and ambition for many, many more years” 
 Jose Mourinho  

“He’s a genius. The number of times when you think he’s gone a bridge too far. Who would have said what the team would be now at the beginning of the season? But he’s done it. He’s not afraid to do it. Even when people thought players were too young, he didn’t. Cleverley’s come in and all the young lads have started to blossom. He just talks to them and they listen”
Sir. Bobby Charlton

GRAZIE ALEX...

Nessun commento: